Monday, April 7, 2014

March 10, 2014 - Visiting Hell, Meeting a "Prophet" and Seeing the Northern Lights

WOW what a week. This week we went to a place called Silbu and to get to silbu you have to drive through hell. A member wanted us to visit there home town and to preach the gospel there so we had the oppurunity to set up a stand and share the book of mormon. It was really amazing and taught me a principle of patience. Because at first the stand was super awkward and all the customers werre complaining and then 15 minutes before we were supposed to pack up and leave. two cute grandmas sat by us because they needed to sit down. We shared with them the book of mormon and gave them a free one they were both willing to read it they will call us if they have more questions they also showed all their friends the book and we gave one of their friends a book. During one of the awkward parts in the stand there was a lady who came up to us and took my companions guitar and started singins a song called la oss leve for hver andre. You guys showed all look it up it is pretty sick. After the stand we went to one of the members farm house that was super cool, period. The house we visited was built in the 1730s and was just super awesome. I will attach a picture below. The house was so legit but ridiculously tiny. Like I am saying half the size of the tv room. They were so conservative with space. The house is embedded in the mountains and it was just the essence of peace  and reminded me of how realaxed life was before and how I desire a peaceful life like that.

We also met a man that said he was a prophet and we taught him and he even came to church that was cool.

I saw the northern lights last week before this one and forgot to put them in my last email. It was super cool thopugh and hopefully I can send pictures from that because elder whetten in my district took some cool pics. bUT OVERALL THEY WERE JUST BREATH TAKING.

Every morning we go running along the fjord. We go past these super colorfuil buildings and thei super cool church that is from the 1200s . it is breathtaking. Every day when we run I just think how did I get so lcuky. My mission is literally the coolest thing ever. I am so grateful for the experiecnes I have and the things I have learned.

spiritual thought,

This week we talked about grace. Most of the world is occupied with desiring the best. Who is the best runner, singer etc. The Lord is not . He loves us for who we are and even if who we are is not the best He loves us. He loves us for what we have overcome and what we have endured and the pain we have gone through. I just realized that what if I really just judged people the way God judges others. What if we looked at everyone as to where they are instead of who they are compared to someone else. We just looked at their point and gave them the immense grace and mercy that the Lord gives all of us.  Yes our goal is perfection but we have only had an earthly body for 20 years and there is a lot that we need to learn. That is why we have the gospel of Jesus Christ. Continue using the grace of God.

Christ really is our brother. We are all brothers and sisters.

 19 And the Lord said unto me: These two facts do exist, that there are two spirits, one being more intelligent than the other; there shall be another more intelligent than they; I am the Lord thy God, I am amore intelligent than they all.

I really like that scripture.

I hope you all have a great day and a great week. Norway is the most amazing country in the world.

our investigators are doing really well and we are working super hard and doing really well

lots of love sister shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment