Monday, April 7, 2014

February 17, 2014


Dear family and friends,

This week is really worth your time reading. Some amazing things have happened. This week S got  baptized! It was so amazing and the spirit was so strong especially when she got confirmed. She is from China and has come to Norway. Her husband was a member but she was not personally interested. She decided to get baptized about 4 weeks ago. It was so great to be a part of this moment of when she is coming closer to God and watching her take that step into the kingdom of God through baptism. She will be going to china in 2 weeks and her and her husband will be sealed together in the Hong Kong temple. It is so amazing because I know that this decsion will not only change her liofe but all those around her and will bring the people in china the joy and peace the gospel brings. I know that through her and her husbands example people will know that they are different and they will desire that difference.
I also have personally gained a stronger testimony that God answers prayers. He just does.
I am so grateful for s and her amazing example to me of how one should treat others and how love really is the highest and should govern everything we do. ¨Me and my companions always joke that she is more christlike then we are. But the thing is it is true.   she is the sweetest most simple classy lady. I love her so much. I am so grateful I could be here in Trondheim and know her. and will continue to know her
Family I am just so grateful for the love of God. He lives and He cares.
I am grateful for the oppurtunity that I have had to be a part of this sacred moment. I am grateful I am here in trondheim and I love it here. It is just beautiful.

other insights
the most amazing thing about a mission is that  you must live the gospel of jesus christ again.
the gospel of jesus christ is faith repentance baptism the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end.
I have had so many times on my mission where I go back to step one which is faith in jesus christ and as I have been honest with my lack of faith I have developed a greater testimony of the love and mercies of God. I know missions are so great becasue you have to have a greater degree of faith you have to have a greater degree of repentanvce and you have to cling to the covenants you made with God so much more. I know that is why the mission changes you.
I am grateful for the love and mercy I feel from the Savior and I know that he loves each one of his children.

funny story
there is a crazy man that came tro church and knows my name and is now out and about on the streets of trondheim and we see him. 
I officially have a stalker here in trondheim. My companions were talking to other people while I was behind them and talking with someone else. I see there ahead of me and this man is in between them. I do not know what to do so I just turn to the wall so that he can not see me. My comp starts walking towards me. and I thought he was gone so I turn around so that I can be back with my comps. He actually was right in front of me and I see him. We make eye contact and me and my companions start booking it. While we are running he is yelling after us ....shaw.....shaw....shaw
that was proabaly the funniest moment of my entire mission. Everyone is safe but we have to be extra careful and stuff

i love you all
love sister shaw
missionary from the church of jesus of christ of latter day saints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment