Saturday, July 12, 2014

June 23, 2014

Dear family and friends!
I have some way good scriptures for you this week:)
rev 3
 15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
 18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, andthat the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
The Lord wants us to stand in this world of confusion and trevail. We need to seek the gold tried in the fire and white raiment such that we can be clothed and protected from the chaos around us. We need to put on the armor of God. 
1samuel 12:21 Vend dere ikke bort, slik at dere følger de tomme avgudene, som ikke kan hjelpe eller frelse, fordi de er bare tomhet this verse is so much better in Norwegian

It says in english vain, but here it says tom, tom means empty in Norwegian. We need to constantly be turning ourselves away from the empty worldly idols that surround us because they are just emptiness. 

I think it is important to rememeber the true achievements here on earth. For example a father or a mother can accomplish being the best singer or getting a Phd or being the best at one thing or another. But the only accomplishment that will matter to their child is the accomplishment that they learned to love that child. In missionary work......we could get like 10 new investigators that week, but if we can not accomplish loving them or loving each other as a companionship we have not really accomplished anything at all. Remember what true accomplishments are. 

we are seeing and experiencing many miracles. The Lords hand is truly in the work. 
love you all
sister shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment