Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 21, 2013

Dear Mom,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE!!!!!!!!! I am so stoked to recieve that beautiful thing!! I really appreciate the love and care that you have shown me mom and I can not wait to see what is inside. Thank you for helping me make my birthday special!! 

Guess what?  A girl in the mission decided to go home so I am getting emergency transferrred to this little town called serps bårg. I am not even sure if I am spelling that correctly. My new address is Merkurveien 19,  1734 Hafslundsøy  serps bårg (not sure if that is correct spelling maybe look it up) Norway.

 But the thing is, is I have the best zone leaders in the world and they are planning on allowing me to go on splits back in Oslo on my birthday!!! So it is totally fine and I will get my package and everything so absolutely no worries!  In fact a member of the ward in Oslo  has planned on making me a special dinner for me.  To this dinner she is bringing some of her friends who (are not members)  I LOVE. It is planned to be the best day ever! Also my district might have a party for me. We will see. But it is awesome because  I will be spending time with my favorite member in all of Norway and one of the coolest investigators we have! So all is not lost because of my transfer.

My feelings about my transfer. I have been so spoiled here in Oslo. I have had the coolest investigators. Grown tremendously with the language. Btws last week I was speaking with a Swedish girl  for a while and then I told her I was from the us and she said she thought I was from Sweden!!!! Someone from Sweden thought I was from Sweden!! This is huge!!! Also a foreigner who spoke pretty good Norwegian thought I was Norwegian after I had talked to him for a while.  I also currently have the coolest companions.

I know the Lord knows that I can handle this and it is cool that He believes in me so strongly. I also know that I know how to be happy no matter where I am at and enjoy all the faces of life I am in.

Also a cool moment I talked with my zone leaders about the transfer and shared with them what I felt. They said president has really prayed about this and he knew that we needed a really strong missionary to be in serps berg so they sent me! The strong missionary they needed. It was just a cool thing because it was proof to me that I am someone that president and the Lord can rely on for whatever they need. I am also considered a strong missionary by president and that is way cool!

I am moving there today!

Also it is crazy!! I have been on my mission for six months time is flying.

The primary program sounds like it was incredible!! I wish I could have seen little Emily. She is so sweet and she has such a strong spirit. I  am so glad that you and dad got so involved with the Australian mission thing. I have actually thought of dad being a mission president and how awesome dad would be at just being a mission president. Dad is such a great leader because He is just dad. He would help all the elders to feel so loved and validated and he would help them with everything. Not sure if it will ever happen. But dad is just an amazing leader. He lads without even leading it is incredible! I am so glad you found so much joy from the activities going on in the ward. It is awesome that the youth even got to teach people. That is utterly incredible! I love teaching! The activity you guys did seems like it was truly effective!

I am learning everyday to give my will over to the Lord everyday more and more. Including with this transfer. Especially because I got pretty comfortable In Oslo.

I love you all
søster shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment