Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Septermber 29, 2014 among men the storms encircle, among God we are free

kjære alle sammen,


The weather here in ålesund has been awful and both me and sister hornback agree it is the worst weather we have experienced in our entire lives. We have been soaking wet for the past three days friday saturday and sunday. Most of my thoughts are centered around the weather. 

On Friday the weather was awful. The wind was blowing and sometimes it was hard  to walk. As sister hornback and i were walking to an investigators house, the wind became calm  but I recieved a prompting to link my arm with Sister Hornbacks, shorty thereafter the wind picked up. We walked together in a straight line, fighting against the winds blowing at us. We were a team, we were together. Our force connected was enough to withstand the storm and not be tossed to and fro  by the strong winds. It reminded me of when Elder Bednar talked in our last conference of being yoked with the Saviour through our covenants. As I held tightly to sister hornback I realized that as I yoked myself to the saviour through my covenants, it doesnt matter how strong the winds blow.  I would walk in a strong straight line to my destination, to my home. I was also reminded of the words of paul in ephesians 4:13-15

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men,and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Let us no more be tossed to and fro by every enticing strong wind encircling about us, but constantly be yoked with the savior, Jesus Christ walking in a straight line to our eternal glory. 
As we were walking through the pouring rain  and everyone we met was rejecting  the message of Christs love. I was reminded once again of Christ.  As we walked through the streets in the storm , I was reminded that christ is always available to us  through both the storms and sunshine of life.  He will always be walking through the streets  of our hearts patiently waiting for us to accept His message of love. 
because of jesus christ is sadness only temporary, happiness is constant becuase of our brother.
true success in this life comes in consecrating our lives-that is our time and choices- to Gods purposes in so doing, we permit Him to raise us to our highest  destiny, Elder D. todd Christoffersen.
Christ did not show complete obedience to law,  He showed complete obedience to love. 
have a great week. 
søster shaw 
I LOVE MY MISSION. 


No comments:

Post a Comment