Monday, December 2, 2013

November 25, 2013 - Joint Heirs With Christ

Kjære alle sammen

Ok another amazing week. This week was full of grabbing bread and cheese on the go. Eating kebabs with the sister trining leaders. My companions birthday. Eating cheetos because my companion got a package. Accidentally staying to long at members houses. Not getting weekly planning done  because we are too busy. And hearing what did the fox say at the ward party for the first time. btws the band is from norway and the band name is the band members last names. Everyone in norway is obsessed with this band. 

Miracles.

An incredible miracle took place this week. I was contacting (talking to people on the streets) with one of the sister training leaders this week. As we were walking I saw this bright blue puffy jacket in my head and knewe that when we went around the corener we would see someone with that blue puffy jacket on and they needed this. I told sister landry to come with me as she tried to contact someone else. But then I realized this would happen naturally. So we talked to a couple more people and low and behold. There is a man walking his dog with a bright blue puffy jacket right as we turned around the corner. We started to talk to him and he has had some interesting experiences and really crazy hard trials in his life. We set up an appointment and have met with him a couple times since. He is very cool and seriously needs this message. He buitl a room for his son out of his ownm room. He gave his son a mansion room and for his son and gave himself no room for his own room. He was really proud of that and showed me and my companion. We have had some awesome memebrs on that teach with us. It was really touching. 

Me and my companion had the rellief society lesson and we did not plan at all (we had no time). The lesson was amazing and the spirit guided it the whole time.
spiritual thought

Romans 8:17 And if children then heirs; heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ, if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. 

I know that life is about happiness. But we also must suffer. We must feel pain on this earth. But it is the way that we can be heirs with Chrsit to suffer even a particle of suffering that the Lord suffered. I f we do not suffer with Christ we can not be glorified with Christ. We can not obtain the glory he has. Sometimes life is just tough, but it is through this toughness and suffering  that we can obtain the glory of God. I know that the times in our life that are the hardest are the times we are growing the closes to Christ and understanding even a bit of what He suffered for us. I love you all and I know the Lord will always be there when you really call upon Him with faith.

Happy thanksgiving!
søster shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment