Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013 - Kjærlighet (Love)

mine kjære søsken, (My dear brothers and sisters,)

Alright this week was a blast. It has been full of listening to the Lower Lights in our car. Driving to a city thirty minutes away from Sweden. Seeing Sweden. Getting free Christmas food at the grocery store. Meeting random golden investigators. Car problems, crazy dogs, and parades through the town of Sarpsborg. The sun starts rising at about 8 and goes down at 4. It is not too bad. The sky is so beautiful and there are amazing star gazing times when we go from door to door banking on peoples doors. Also a person we taught  in Oslo got baptized this week! That was awesome!

The Christmas traditions here are awesome it is a whole town ordeal!

Miracles:

This week as we were on our way to an appointment we stopped and talked to this man. We decided to meet with him later that day. We met with him and went over the plan of salvation. He took a picture of the plan. We told him he would get answers to his questions when he read the Book of Mormon. He said he would read the Book of Mormon. We met with him later this week and he told us he wants to do everything he can to get to the celestial kingdom. He is going on vacation for awhile. We will see him in a month. I know the Lord puts people in our path and there are people with open hearts here.

We could not find a place to park so we went to this completely random place to park. We went contacting on our way to our appointment and told this lady she could be with her husband forever. She started breaking down and crying and we told her we would meet with her. I know that nothing is an accident ever.
We met with our progessor g and she is really close to setting a baptismal date she just wants to know for her self that Joseph Smith is a prophet. That is really cool. She is way cool and is an honest seeker of truth.

Funny moments:

This week we watched the restoration film with one of our investigators, He has a dog that is super loud. So while he was watching it me and my companion were doing a bunch of different things to get him to be quiet. Like we would hold the dog down. We would throw the ball. We would pet the dog. All things possible. It was hilarious and we could not help busting up all the time.

Spiritual thought:

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up.

I know that we can chose fear or faith. Our path will always be secure and safe, it will never be more than we can handle. But we can choose to have faith in the Lord and trust in Him that it will be safe or we can not. We can choose to live in our own state of fear or we can choose to live in reality. In a state of faith.

St John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood dwelleth in me and I in Him.

This week I had an "aha" moment. Where I realized when we partake of the sacrament we literally are taking into us Christs flesh and His blood. To know this is to realize that I literally have the power of Christ within me because I partook of the sacrament this week. It gave a whole different meaning to the sacrament.

I know in the end the most important thing is how our souls interact with each other. In the end the appearance of what we look like will no longer matter and the worldly things we once treasured will become corroded. The thing we will have left is our personal souls relationship with other souls and our souls relationship with the soul of God. This is the most important thing on earth.

With that note, I love you all dearly, I hope you all have an amazing week. Remember how much our Father loves each one of you personally. I forget all the time, and it is easy to forget.  But I love you all.

Sister shaw 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete