Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013

Crazy week! Some highlights

We have a potential that I know I will really love. I am really excited to meet and set up an appointment with her in 2 weeks. Most of our investigators are widowed old ladies. It is a much different group than was in Oslo  It is interesting and I am still trying to get used to it.

The sun starts setting at 4 and doesn't come up fully until 9. It is really cool actually and very mysterious. Especially when we listen to Narnia music. It feels like you can feel the magic of this beautiful land. We have not had snow yet but we have had some thick frost. It got to be negative 1.5 deg celsius today. I am so warm in my cute blue pillow jacket. 

At church I translate for an american family. It is so perfect because I am working on building a strong relationship with them. They are really cool. 

There is a super cool lady with a nonmember daughter in our ward. We have been coming by and saying nightly prayers with there family and it has been amazing to see the change in the daughter. She asked her mom the other day if her skirt was too short. This is a huge step. It has been amazing to be with them  and there family because they are amazing people and I really love them. We got permission to go hiking on Saturday with her daughter so we are both really excited! They invited us for Christmas and we will be spending Christmas with there family so hopefully you all can meet them on Skype  They are so cool and I really do love them.

This week has been awesome I have learned how important charity is. In the end it is the virtue that never faileth. One day we will stand before God and our faith will extinguish and be replaced with knowledge. But our relationships with those around us will never be gone. It will be one of the few things that will be carried on to the next life. I know this is true. I love you all!

Sister Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment