Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 10, 2013

Dear Familie,

This week I have made a goal to make this letter much more organized then last week so sorry about that. One of my companions was looking over my shoulder the whole time also so I felt like I couldn't exactly say what I wanted to say.

Alright lets get started. Dad Happy Birthday!!!

This week was amazing!! We have someone who committed to baptism on Monday. So my first full week in Norway we already have a baptism!! That is way awesome! His story is way cool too. My companion søster Pace just invited him to church on the bus and he came to church, He liked how he felt and that night after church found the Book of Mormon online and read it. He knew it was true and could feel it's power. The next day Monday we invited him to be baptized on  June 22nd, he said yes. His name is Roger and he is a Norwegian!!  People are ready here. People need the gospel here. Moral of the story just gather up the courage to ask, our only job is to invite. The Lord will do everything eles. He changes hearts we don't. The Book of Mormon is a powerful tool in conversion also. I feel like when we can get an investigaor to read the book of mormon then there pretty much on the path to conversion and then baptism. We love roger he is amazing and is the perfect example that Norway is ready we are here to bring them the gospel and hope and they are ready for this message!!

Another cool experience this week is at the hospital. One of our investigators is in the hospital and we visited him there. my companion and I just felt like there was a lot of spirits stuck there. Like they just couldn't progress.It just testified to me that people are the same here and in the spirit world. I f they don't learn and grow from this life they won't learn and grow from the next. It just was a powerful experience that demonstrated to me how I need to be teaching people now!!! . It was a way cool way powerful experience.
Today we climbed a mountain for pday that was absolutely amazing!!! It was so cool. The people in Norway are so in shape there like sprinting up this mountain that is steeper than pyramid peak!! People here are so beautiful. I feel so at home because everyone is blonde and they don't wear a lot of eye make up but are so beautiful anyway. I have pretty much stopped wearing makeup.  People's eyes are so beautiful here I also love there hair. Oh man it is so great here.

The chocoalte is so good!! The food is amazing here!!! The milk and yogurt is the bomb!! I drink so much more milk. It is also so beautiful!! We got to go to a members house for dinner and she lives an hour outside of the city where there are a lot of fjords. The member lives on a fjord!!! She is so amazingly lucky. The little towns of Norway are so beautiful I love them!! The houses here are white with red rrofs. Lots of new and old buildings all mixed together!! It is so beautiful!! I love the cathedrals!!! It rains a lot here almost everyday except today!! It is very green. In a way its looks like tropical with a mix of northern california pine trees. The nature reminds me a lot of cali though!! I love it so beatiful, so much more peaceful here than america. Everyone is so nice. There is no fear to talk to others!!

If you guys have questions please send them I will be in Bergen for another 3 months so just ask whatever you want!! Do you have my address mom? 

loads of love 
søster shaw 

No comments:

Post a Comment